AI Mashup Challenge 2010
|Event in series||AI Mashup Challenge|
|Subevent of||ESWC 2010|
|Dates||2010/05/30 (iCal) - 2010/06/03|
|Location:||Hersonissos, Crete, Greece|
|Table of Contents|
The AI Mashup Challenge offers a great opportunity to demonstrate intelligent mashups combining existing web resources into a new and useful service. ESWC2010 participants will vote the mashups; the winning groups will receive industry-sponsored awards.
The AI mashup challenge accepts mashups that use AI technology, including but not restricted to machine learning and data mining, machine vision, natural language processing, reasoning, ontologies and the semantic web. Imagine for example:
- Information extraction or automatic text summarization to create a task-oriented overview mashup for mobile devices.
- Semantic Web technology and data sources adapting to user and task-specific configurations.
- Semantic background knowledge (such as ontologies, WordNet or Cyc) to improve search and content combination.
- Machine translation for mashups that cross language borders.
- Machine vision technology for novel ways of aggregating images, for instance mixing real and virtual environments.
- Intelligent agents taking over simple household planning tasks.
- Text-to-speech technology creating a voice mashup with intelligent and emotional intonation.
- The display of Pub Med articles on a map based on geographic entity detection referring to diseases or health centers.
For more ideas see the previous AI mashup challenges and their participants.
- Mashup developers send a mail to the organizers, containig their Google ID, the URL of their mashup, its name and a short description.
- The organizers provide them with a subpage of the mashup challenge site.
- There, the developers can describe their mashup and link to its URL. Till review they can go on improving their work.
- Deadline is April, 1, 2010. At that day the reviewers will start assessing the submitted mashups.
- Acceptance will be communicated by May 1st 2010.
- The admitted submissions are presented in a 15 minutes demo in the conference mashup session.
- The session is followed by the vote.
- During a conference ceremony, the awards will be passed to the winners.
Please note: Participants must register for the conference in order to present their work and run for a prize.
- General Co-Chairs
- Brigitte Endres-Niggemeyer (main contact; e-mail), Hannover University of Applied Sciences, Germany
- Adrian Giurca, Brandenburg University of Technology, Cottbus, Germany
- Pascal Hitzler, Wright State University, Dayton, OH, USA
- Christoph Lange, Jacobs University Bremen, Germany
- Lutz Maicher, Leipzig University Topic Maps Lab, Germany
- Program Committee Members
- Matthias Klusch, DFKI Saarbruecken, Germany
- Herman Tolentino, CDC Atlanta GA, USA
- Emanuele Della Valle, Politecnico di Milano, Italy
- Giovanni Tummarello, DERI Galway, Ireland
- Thanh Tran, University of Karlsruhe, Germany
- Krzysztof Janowicz, Pennsylvania State University, USA
- Tim Furche, University of Munich, Germany
- Emilian Pascalau, University of Potsdam, Germany
- Jevon Wright, Massey University, Palmerston North, New Zealand
Facts about "AIMashup 2010"
|Acronym||AIMashup 2010 +|
|Demo deadline||April 1, 2010 +|
|End date||June 3, 2010 +|
|Event in series||AI Mashup Challenge +|
|Event type||Demo session +|
|Has PC member||Matthias Klusch +, Herman Tolentino +, Emanuele Della Valle +, Giovanni Tummarello +, Thanh Tran +, Krzysztof Janowicz +, Tim Furche +, Emilian Pascalau + and Jevon Wright +|
|Has coordinates||35° 18' 21", 25° 24' 37"Latitude: 35.305747222222|
Longitude: 25.410272222222 +
|Has general chair||Brigitte Endres-Niggemeyer +, Adrian Giurca +, Pascal Hitzler +, Christoph Lange + and Lutz Maicher +|
|Has location city||Hersonissos +|
|Has location country||Category:Greece +|
|Has location state||Crete +|
|Notification||May 1, 2010 +|
|Start date||May 30, 2010 +|
|Subevent of||ESWC 2010 +|
|Submission deadline||April 1, 2010 +|
|Title||AI Mashup Challenge 2010 +|