GWC 2018 : 9th Global Wordnet Conference
|GWC 2018 : 9th Global Wordnet Conference|
GWC 2018 : 9th Global Wordnet Conference
|Dates||2018/01/08T12:00:00 (iCal) - 2018/01/12T12:00:00|
|Table of Contents|
Call for Papers
9th Global Wordnet Conference, Singapore January 8-12, 2018
Global Wordnet Association: www.globalwordnet.org
Conference website: http://compling.hss.ntu.edu.sg/events/2018-gwc/
The Global Wordnet Association is pleased to announce the 9th International Global Wordnet Conference (GWC2018). The conference will be hosted by Nanyang Technological University, Singapore. Conference venue: the School of Humanities at Nanyang Technological University.
Details about the association and the full announcement for the conference can be found on the conference website.
We invite papers addressing the topics listed, but not limited to, the onesbelow. Proposals for tutorials on building wordnets and demonstrations of wordnet databases, and wordnet-based software are welcome too.
1. Linguistics and lexical semantics, including:
- In depth analysis of semantic relations
- Determining and representing word meanings (definitions,
relations, semantic components, co-occurrence statistics, etc.)
- Necessity and completeness issues
- Ontologies and wordnets
- The lexicon and wordnets
- Distributional semantic approaches
- Cross-lingual representation of meaning
- Similarity and relatedness
2. Architecture of lexical databases, including:
- Language independent and language dependent components
- Integration of multi-wordnets in research infrastructures (like
CLARIN) and LT networks (like META-NET) 3. Tools and Methods for wordnet Development, including:
- User and Data entry interface, organization
- Extending and enriching wordnets
4. Wordnet and applications including:
- Word sense disambiguation using wordnet
- Information extraction and retrieval
- Document structuring and categorization
- Sentiment Analysis
- Automatic hyperlinking
- Language teaching
5. Standardization, distribution and availability of wordnets and wordnet tools.
In conjunction with the conference we intend to hold two workshops: one on distributional semantics and one on technology enhanced learning.
Presentations will fall into one of the following categories:
- long papers (30 mins)
- short papers (15 mins)
- project reports (10 mins)
- demonstrations (20 mins)
Submissions should be anonymous and will have to state one of the preferredcategories. Acceptance may be subject to changes in the category of the presentation, e.g. a long paper submission may be accepted as a short paper.
In addition, we will reserve some time for lightning talks and discussions.
Final papers should be submitted in electronic form (PDF only):
- Long papers should be limited to 8 pages,
- Demonstration papers must be at most 5 pages text and can have additional 3
pages screen dumps or images;
- Short papers and project descriptions should be limited to 5 pages.
Page limits do not include references.
Papers need to be submitted to the EasyChair website: GWA 2018 Easy Chair site: https://www.easychair.org/conferences/?conf=gwc2018
The format of the paper is in ACL format (PDF): ACL 2010 paper formats: http://acl2010.org/authors_final.html
The conference program will include oral presentations and demonstration sessions with sufficient time for discussions of the issues raised.
The deadline for submissions is September 6, 2013. Decisions regarding acceptance will be announced to the authors by end of September. Final papers are due at October 11.
Important note: Inclusion of accepted submissions into the final program and the proceedings is contingent upon at least one author's registration. Late registration and on site registration for participants is possible without inclusion of the paper and without presentation.
Important dates: September 6, 2017 Deadline for paper submission September 30, 2017 Notification of acceptance October 15, 2017 Final version due October 15, 2017 Registration opens November 25, 2017 Registration closes for author(s) of papers to be included in the proceedings January 8-12, 2018 Conference
Christiane Fellbaum, firstname.lastname@example.org Piek Vossen, piek.Vossen@vu.nl
Local Organizing Chair
Francis Bond, Luís Morgado da Costa, František Kratochvíl, Takayuki Kuribayashi
TO BE DECIDED
|Acronym||GWC 2018 +|
|End date||12:00:00, 12 January 2018 +|
|Event type||Conference +|
|Has location city||Singapore +|
|Has location country||Category:Undefined +|
|Start date||12:00:00, 8 January 2018 +|
|Submission deadline||12:00:00, 6 September 2017 +|
|Title||GWC 2018 : 9th Global Wordnet Conference +|