1st International Workshop on Human Behaviour for Industrial Safety
|Subevent of||Persuasive 2012|
|Dates||2012/06/06 (iCal) - 2012/06/06|
|Table of Contents|
The 1st International Workshop on Human Behaviour for Industrial Safety (HBIS 2012) will be held in conjunction with the 7th International Conference on Persuasive Technology, Linkoping, Sweden, June 6th, 2012. Accepted and presented papers will be included in the adjunct proceedings of Persuasive 2012 in the Lecture Notes in Computer Science series from Springer Verlag, or as CTIT lecture notes.
The purpose of this half-day workshop is to develop an understanding of how Persuasive Technology can be used in the specific work-domain of Industrial Environments.
We aim to bring together researchers and developers of Persuasive Technology for the (manufacturing) industry. Especially, we encourage researchers who have field experience in behavioural safety and industrial environments to submit papers. We also welcome roadmaps, SOTA’s, and prototypes. This workshop encourages discussions about the future Persuasive Technology and behaviour influencing techniques in industrial environments.
Specific topics for the workshop include (but are not limited to):
- Measuring behaviour in industrial environments
- Using lighting systems to influence behaviour
- Design for safety
- Sensor-based safety systems
- Camera-based safety systems
- Non-visual feedback from safety systems
- Using augmented reality for safety purposes
- Anomaly detection in industrial environments
- Requirements for Persuasive Technology in industrial environments
- Persuasive Technology for handling toxic substances
- Safety-based interface design
- Detection of fatigue and stress by industrial workers
- Targeting human senses in stressful and dangerous environments
- Preventing over-stimulation of human senses
Submissions should be written in English. Submissions may vary from full papers (maximum of 8 pages), short papers, position papers to poster proposals (1 page). The program committee is free to decide in which form to accept a paper. All submissions should be in the Springer's LNCS format and should be submitted in PDF format. Submission and reviewing are handled via the EasyChair system. All papers will be peer reviewed.
Participants can submit their papers until April 22nd 2012. The authors of accepted submissions will be notified by May 10th 2012.
- Johannes de Boer, Saxion University of Applied Sciences, Enschede, The Netherlands
- Piet Griffioen, Thales Netherlands, Hengelo, The Netherlands
- Dirk Heylen, University of Twente, Enschede, The Netherlands
- Lucas Noldus, Noldus Information Technology BV, Wageningen, The Netherlands
- Wouter Teeuw, Saxion University of Applied Sciences, Enschede, The Netherlands
|Acronym||HBIS 2012 +|
|End date||June 6, 2012 +|
|Event type||Workshop +|
|Has coordinates||58° 22' 23", 15° 40' 10"Latitude: 58.373158333333|
Longitude: 15.669561111111 +
|Has location city||Linköping +|
|Has location country||Category:Sweden +|
|Start date||June 6, 2012 +|
|Subevent of||Persuasive 2012 +|
|Submission deadline||April 22, 2012 +|
|Title||1st International Workshop on Human Behaviour for Industrial Safety +|