This semantic wiki at OpenResearch.org aims at making the world of science more visible and accessible. Information about scientific events, research projects, publishers, journals etc. is scattered around on the Web. For researchers (especially young ones without decades of experience) it is often difficult to find the relevant venues, people or tools. Also research is increasingly dynamic and multi-disciplinary, so the boundaries between communities blur and new research directions emerge. With this semantic Wiki, we aim to make information about scientific events, research groups, tool, journals etc. more accessible. OpenResearch.org is not restricted to any field of science.
What OpenResearch.org is not?
- an encyclopedia (please only add research related content),
- a repository for bibliographic information (have a look at http://Bibsonomy.org),
- an open-access publisher (check out http://online-journals.org),
- an organizer of events.
How to get involved?
- help us organizing the world of science - add your favorite events, tools, groups
- stay connected by subscribing to one of our mailinglists:
- OpenResearch announcements
- OpenResearch discussion
- OpenResearch editors
- become an editor or associated editor of the field you work in
- tell your friends and colleagues about OpenResearch.org
- help us further developing OpenResearch.org by creating new search interfaces
How is a Semantic Wiki different?
Semantic Wikis allow to structure information as would be possible with a database. Other than databases, however , Semantic Wikis are more flexible and easier to use. OpenResearch.org is based on the Semantic MediaWiki. Some of the templates and properties used here are adapted from http://SemanticWeb.org, which was created by Markus Krötsch and other members of the Semantic Web community.
Who is behind OpenResearch.org?
OpenResearch.org was created by members of the AKSW and Business Information Systems departments at Universität Leipzig. As the community is crowing an we also started other Open Research related projects (such as Cofundos.org and the Participatory Research initiative) we are currently in the process of establishing a separate organisation - the Open Research Association.
c/o AG AKSW / Business Information Systems dep.
Institut für Informatik
European Union / Germany
Phone: +49 (341) 97–32320
Fax: +49 (341) 97–32329